Minnesota Mental Health Clinics (MMHC) is a community-oriented behavioral health organization dedicated to providing high-quality mental health services. Our organization comprises clinical therapists and psychiatrists who offer individual, family, and group therapy for various behavioral health diagnoses. We operate outpatient, intensive outpatient, and group therapy settings, serving individuals of all ages. To support our clinicians and ensure seamless operations, we are seeking a highly skilled and compassionate Practice Manager to join our team.
Practice Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting our independent practice clinicians in achieving their professional and clinical goals. This multifaceted role combines the responsibilities of a receptionist and coordinator, personal assistant, practice and business manager, and personal marketing specialist. As a key member of our team, you will work closely with a panel of clinicians to provide administrative support, foster effective communication, and ensure the smooth functioning of their practices.
Practice Manager is an entry level role where you will work as a generalist supporting a dedicated set of clinicians in their practice and their associated clients. In this role you will receive general and skill-based training to build competency in core MMHC clinical model, programs and offerings, support services and their supporting operations and software tools. You will also receive mentoring, coaching, and support from a Senior Practice Manager. At MMHC we believe that continuous development is an important part of the communities we participate in and foster. Typically, successful Practice Managers will advance into three separate paths depending on their interests:
– Practice Management Leader: mentoring and supervising a group of practice managers. This path tends to appeal to those seeking management and mentorship opportunities as well as support a larger panel of clients and clinicians.
– Subject Matter Expert: developing processes and tools around the support kit for our clinical liaisons (e.g. compliance, billing, communications, scheduling). This path tends to appeal to those seeking to develop expertise in a specific part of our support operations to improve its functionality for our clients and clinicians.
– Program Practice Manager– Clinical Program Staffer: staffing a group, IOP, or community support clinical program. This path tends to appeal to those seeking to pursue a clinical/practitioner career path and pursue an advanced degree.
Support our Clinicians.
· Practice Management: Collaborate with clinicians to develop and execute plans for case load management, practice area specialization, continuing medical education, and work-life balance. Assist in calendar management and ensure efficient use of their time.
· Administrative Support: Utilize our best-in-class resources for patient services, compliance, and medical billing to assist clinicians with scheduling, bill payment, medical records access, documentation reviews, and claims processing.
· Personal Marketing: Partner with clinicians to devise and implement personalized marketing strategies to attract new clients based on their areas of specialization. Promote clinicians’ areas of expertise and assist in client recruitment efforts.
Support our Clients.
· Client Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, demonstrating empathy, respect, and trust.
· Client Services: Address inquiries, provide information about clinical programs, help with appointment scheduling, billing questions, payment processes, insurance coverage, and general inquiries.
Support our Community.
· Professional Collaboration: Serve as a liaison between clinicians and the organization, facilitating effective communication and fostering a collaborative work environment. Act as a resource for clinicians, offering guidance and support as needed.
· Quality Assurance: Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, ethical standards, and organizational policies by conducting periodic reviews of clinical documentation. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
· Team Collaboration: Work closely with our interdisciplinary team, including other clinical liaisons, therapists, psychiatrists, and administrative staff, to enhance overall clinic operations and promote a positive working environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business management, psychology, or related field (preferred).
· Proven experience in a similar role, such as receptionist, coordinator, personal assistant, or practice manager, preferably in a healthcare or mental health setting.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and trust with clinicians and clients.
· Proficient in using software tools for scheduling, billing, medical records, and general office applications.
· Knowledge of medical billing processes, insurance eligibility, and claims processing.
· Understanding of behavioral health services and the ability to communicate effectively with clinicians regarding clinical practices and terminology.
· Compassionate and empathetic approach, with a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
· Attention to detail, accuracy, and adherence to confidentiality guidelines.
· Self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable to a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
· Passionate about making Minnesota Mental Health Clinics the best place for clients to seek help, support, and community, and the best place for clinicians to practice and achieve their clinical, professional, and personal goals.
· Openness to ongoing training and dedicated support from subject matter experts in areas such as compliance, billing, and scheduling.
· A self-starter with a genuine passion for building personal relationships and supporting the health of the community.
We believe that the Minnesota Mental Health Clinics community should reflect the communities we serve and seek to build a diverse workforce through. Join our team and contribute to improving the mental health and well-being of our community. Together, we can make a difference!