ASTAT: Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Treatment
ASTAT is an adolescent intensive outpatient program designed to stabilize adolescents in their home, school and community. The program consists of an assessment, intensive skills training and referrals to psychiatry, individual therapy and family therapy.
The ASTAT program is for adolescents age 13 to 18 and is 5 – 7 weeks. The program runs Monday through Thursday for 3 hours per day.
The program follows a cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) model which focuses on connecting feelings, thoughts and behaviors in order to elicit behavioral change with influence from the dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) model which focuses on being in the present moment and utilizing each adolescent’s strengths to promote positive functioning.
The program also includes active consultations with schools, social workers, probation officers, therapists, and other providers.
Who Could ASAT Help?
If a youth answers yes to one of more of the following questions, they could benefit from our Adolescent program:
- Do you become easily overwhelmed and not know how to calm yourself?
- Do you feel suicidal or have thoughts of hurting yourself?
- Do you often feel “out of control” and have a difficult time slowing yourself down?
- Do you experience intense conflicts in your relationships with friends and family?
- Do you feel empty and bored much of the time?
- Do you experience sudden and strong mood swings?
- Do you have trouble controlling your anger and have frequent outbursts or physical fights?
- Do you have an inability to regulate your emotions?
The ASTAT program offers:
- Next day assessment and crisis intervention
- Immediate admission
- Follow-up contacts with referrals as needed to ensure a positive outcome
- Comprehensive evaluation from a variety of perspectives include: medical, environmental & behavioral
- Active collaboration with all community services including: medical & mental health providers, schools, case managers, etc.
- Referrals for family assessment and therapy
- Parenting skills group
How Do I Get Started?
This program is offered in our Eagan, Maplewood, and Minneapolis locations. Contact us to get started with this program.
To schedule an appointment:
At your request, we will contact you confidentially to discuss the program and set an appointment time.