Horizons Community Support Program (CPS)
Horizons Drop-In Center hours are Monday through Friday, 10-4. Please check the calendar for the in-person days and times.
Members gather to play pool, cards, do arts and crafts, attend support groups, socialize or plan the next offsite activity. All Horizons services are available on site during drop-in hours.
The Horizons CSP offers:
- Housing – Provides members with assistance in finding adequate housing, applying for housing subsidies and/or in-home support to maintain community living
- Education – Links members with community educational resources and provides informative groups in which members participate as well as facilitate
- Social Recreational – Provides a wide range of community events and drop-in activities that are chosen and planned by members
- Employment – Provides referrals to all aspects of assistance in obtaining and maintaining competitive employment and volunteer positions. Provides support through case management, housing support, and Drop-In Center
- Outreach – Provides support and assistance in reducing the social isolation of members
- Benefits Assistance – Provides help with obtaining various subsidies, financial aid and entitlements
- Case Management – Provides contracted case management services for Dakota County Community Services
- Friendship Program – Links volunteers with isolated members of the community who are experiencing mental illness
- Transportation – Provides members in southern Dakota County transportation to Horizons’ and community activities organized by Horizons’
At your request, we will contact you confidentially to discuss the program and set an appointment time.